3/27/13

Road trip!


 

That's me.  I'm feeling pretty content in that shot because 1. it was a beautiful day and a beautiful overlook and 2. I went with my boys (Sebastian and J) for a road trip up North.  We had this in the works a bit ahead of time since they had to both plan for the day off to close up shop, but I had no idea the kind of joy this afternoon would bring.  Nothing big, nothing fancy... just a great day with people I love. (Poor Mars had to stay home).  Here's a peek from my viewpoint in the back of J's '53 Chevy...







Going through a tunnel!


Then we got to our destination (Guadalupe) and had a bite to eat.  
I had a Tecate with lime (my new favorite)...


We saw this awesome dog all over town.  This would normally worry me, but the little guy was well groomed, had a collar, and knew his way around.  He also looked damn happy and free, so this time I didn't stop to make sure a loose pup found his home.  I think the whole town is his home.


Then we stopped at this lookout with a perfect Santa Barbara view on our way home...

 

Sebastian and J looking like hoodlums, but really they're very nice boys. 



J's car from the outside...

 
   
 

 Sebastian took this one of me after a little walk around Gaudalupe.  I was feeling mellow.  Could have been the beer (one bottle.  I'm a lightweight.).



Life is good.

(I always love hearing readers' thoughts and insights.  Unfortunately, the comments section in this blog template doesn't function properly- I get notification of comments left but they don't show up on the blog.  If you would like to share your thoughts, please feel free to do so via the social media links below, by emailing, or by visiting this post's link on my facebook page HERE.  Thank you! )
Template by Pink + Lola