Friday, January 8, 2010
Here it is. I'm diving in and just making a go of it and I love that I'm willing to do this. Last year was one of go go go... I took so many risks and didn't even realize it until just now. That's a pretty flipping wonderful thing: To take risks without being so much as phased by it.
So unlike me too. I'm a cautious person. Not to say that I've fully relinguished that part of me (I think it's still necessary to keep me out of some trouble), but I'm moving forward- and this feels like something I have yet to find words for. But good. Good words, good feelings.
So my quote of the year is this: Fortune Favors the Bold. And to type this, to say this out loud, to dream about it... all of it feels exactly right.
Now my word of the year is this: Calm. Seriously. On the surface, it doesn't seem like the quote and the word really go together, but I'm hopeful that they can. There's a thread going around on various blogs asking what everyone's word of the year is. Calm popped in my head right away. And it stuck. Can't shake it. Even when I try for a more interesting or fascinating or profound word... nope... Calm planted itself firmly (but calmly) in my head and my heart and my belly and even in my toes. So Calm it is.
So maybe it's this: Fortune favors the bold, yes. But it's that sense of calm- an ease in motion and the day to day, a breath in between and through the chaos and disturbances and uncertainties- that help to achieve a more grounded and peaceful boldness.
And Fortune? Well, that's all a matter of what you hold dear.
I might have this covered already, afterall.
(photos by Memrie Mare and Irene Suchocki)
Friday, January 1, 2010
Things I've learned from 2009:
* Create with fearlessness.
* Putting myself down does NOT lift another up. And if it does, that's messed up.
* Say "Yes!" to all opportunities, with no reservations, that come my way. This has, so far, worked in my favor.
* Tea and a good book is still the best anecdote for good living... that and a hoard of materials for me to make things with.
* Good solid friendships are hard to come by, but when they do come around, they are the best thing ever. Ever.
Things I want to BE in 2010:
* Self aware, but not self conscious.
Things I want to DO in 2010:
* Stall no more
* Be fearless.
* Have a wonderful photographer (Kiel Rucker) unleash the color and dynamic clustering of my designs
* Be abundant.
* Continue to adore my beautifully artistic and logical and ever rational husband and lovable dog. They make my life real and authentic.
I look forward to THIS in 2010:
* New and refreshing and revitalizing jewelry and hair adornment designs
* Working on a side project with Waxing Poetic... Such a wonderful company, with gifted people and stunning designs. Who knew I'd be a freelance blog writer?! (<~ see third one down in Things I've Learned...)
* Expanding my business through branding
* The many opportunities to find my calm...
Enjoy a beautiful and expressive 2010♥
(photo by Courage My Love)
P.S. Joanna, you are the winner of the December giveaway with ,"Better days ahead". Contact me (email@example.com) to receive your gift...
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
This poem, posted in one of my favorite blogs, is really hitting the spot for me today. And that last line... perfect.
When you eyes are tired
the world is tired also.
When your vision has gone
no part of the world can find you.
Time to go into the dark
where the night has eyes
to recognize it own.
There you can be sure
you are not beyond love.
The dark will be your womb
The night will give you a horizon
further than you can see.
You must learn one thing.
The world was made to be free in.
Give up all the other worlds
except the one to which you belong.
Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet
confinement of your aloneness
anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive
is too small for you.
- DAVID WHYTE -
Happy Holidays, everyone. Enjoy a safe, healthy and blissfully creative new year... ♥
Sunday, December 20, 2009
One reader will win one of these *Winter Frolic* hair adornments (choose from the black, purple or ivory cream). Here's how you make a go of the gettin' the prize... (Deadline- December 30th)
1. Leave a message in the comment section below this post. Tell me your hope for the new year, but in just THREE WORDS..
2. I will announce the winner of the most creative answer on December 31st here on my blog.
3. Ready, Set, Go!